Translation of dial in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on clock, watch)Example sentences1.2 (on measuring instrument)
Example sentences1.3 (of telephone)
- The dial on your dive watch would send a Geiger counter into cardiac arrest.
- Although described as a clock, the time-piece element - the tiny watch dial in the uppermost section - is its least significant feature.
- When the watch dial is lit, the tick marks appear as lit jewels.
Example sentences1.4 (on radio)
- The old scale was analog, with a dial and a pointer that waggled a bit unless you stood perfectly still.
- Most of the children are weighed, the smallest kicking and screaming as they are slipped into bags and suspended from scales, the dial sometimes barely registering their existence.
- I stood on my new evil scales and the dial screamed 11 stone 7.
- His finger swerves over the dial; the telephone is too slow.
- When Caligari refuses to let Jane retrieve her car the next morning, she tries to call for help, but there's a lock on the telephone dial.
- One shop had a telephone with a dial just like the one I remember us having when I was a kid.
- Turn the film speed dial from the ASA of the film you are using to the next highest film speed.
- In disgust, Amy reaches over and twists the radio dial vigorously.
- So saying, he touched the transmit button, and slowly turned the tuning dial.
transitive verb (British English) -ll-
- 1 (Telecommunications) you can dial New York directse puede llamar a Nueva York directamentehay discado directo con Nueva York (Latin America)Example sentences
- The driver can dial telephone numbers directly by voice input or using controls on the steering wheel.
- Just like on an old-fashioned phone, you pickup your telephone and dial the number of the person you wish to contact.
- Grabbing the telephone and quickly dialing the phone number, he wondered why he hadn't thought of this sooner.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.