Translation of dial in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on clock, watch) esfera (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (on measuring instrument) cuadrante (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (of telephone) disco (masculine)
- The dial on your dive watch would send a Geiger counter into cardiac arrest.
- Although described as a clock, the time-piece element - the tiny watch dial in the uppermost section - is its least significant feature.
- When the watch dial is lit, the tick marks appear as lit jewels.
Example sentences1.4 (on radio) dial (masculine)
- The old scale was analog, with a dial and a pointer that waggled a bit unless you stood perfectly still.
- Most of the children are weighed, the smallest kicking and screaming as they are slipped into bags and suspended from scales, the dial sometimes barely registering their existence.
- I stood on my new evil scales and the dial screamed 11 stone 7.
- His finger swerves over the dial; the telephone is too slow.
- When Caligari refuses to let Jane retrieve her car the next morning, she tries to call for help, but there's a lock on the telephone dial.
- One shop had a telephone with a dial just like the one I remember us having when I was a kid.
- Turn the film speed dial from the ASA of the film you are using to the next highest film speed.
- In disgust, Amy reaches over and twists the radio dial vigorously.
- So saying, he touched the transmit button, and slowly turned the tuning dial.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a