Translation of diamond in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (Mining) diamond cut diamond (British English)duelo (masculine) de titanes(before noun) diamond ringanillo (masculine) or sortija (feminine) de brillantes or diamantesExample sentences1.2 countable (precious person) he's a diamond in the rough o (British English) a rough diamond
no es muy pulido, pero tiene buenas cualidades
- Boucheron won the day, and will be auctioning an exquisite brooch of diamonds, rock crystal, topaz and emeralds, with the cash donated to the new foundation.
- Gemstones such as diamonds, opals, sapphires, and rubies are produced in Brazil.
- The country is also blessed with plenty of precious minerals such as diamonds, gold, emeralds, amethyst which are all waiting to be exploited.
- 2 (shape)Example sentences
- Score the inner side in a diamond pattern with the tip of a small, sharp knife and then cut into 5cm / 2inch squares.
- When trying to widen a space, square tiles should be laid in a diamond pattern and rectangular tiles should be laid in a brick or herringbone pattern.
- She looked overhead and noticed on top of the clock tower, a giant crystal, not as round or red as the one the ship, but a triangular blue diamond shape.
- 3 (Games) 3.1 (card) 3.2also: diamonds(suit) (+ singular or plural verb)diamantes (masculine plural)diamonds is o are trumpstriunfan diamantesExample sentences
- This is a valid tractor because four in a suit other than diamonds is the next rank above ace.
- Because of the difference in score, clubs and diamonds are called the minor suits and hearts and spades are the major suits.
- The familiar suits of hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades were introduced by French cardmakers in the late fifteenth century.
- Regardless of the suit a joker played ‘high’ will defeat any diamond.
- The six cards in each fail suit are ranked like the six lowest diamonds.
- 4 (in baseball) 4.1 (area inside bases) 4.2 (entire field)Example sentences
- Baseball diamonds were bustling with activity all weekend as there were 44 registered teams competing.
- Enter ABC skate shop and the baseball diamond at Tompkin's Square.
- There's an area in front of the baseball diamonds and soccer fields for Frisbee golf.
- I agree with the idea of having each one of the four buttons on the gamepad correspond to their respective bases on the baseball diamond.
- The Mets would love to add Furcal, even though they would have to convince him to move to the right on the infield diamond and play second base.
- The playing area is delineated by two perpendicular lines that converge at the home plate, the focus point of the diamond made up of four bases - home, first, second and third.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.