Translation of diamond in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable or uncountable (Mining) diamond cut diamond (British English)duelo (masculine) de titanes(before noun) diamond ringanillo (masculine) de brillantes or diamantes
sortija (feminine) de brillantes or diamantesExample sentences1.2 countable (precious person) he's a diamond in the rough o (British English) a rough diamond
no es muy pulido, pero tiene buenas cualidades
- Boucheron won the day, and will be auctioning an exquisite brooch of diamonds, rock crystal, topaz and emeralds, with the cash donated to the new foundation.
- Gemstones such as diamonds, opals, sapphires, and rubies are produced in Brazil.
- The country is also blessed with plenty of precious minerals such as diamonds, gold, emeralds, amethyst which are all waiting to be exploited.
- 2 (shape)Example sentences
- Score the inner side in a diamond pattern with the tip of a small, sharp knife and then cut into 5cm / 2inch squares.
- When trying to widen a space, square tiles should be laid in a diamond pattern and rectangular tiles should be laid in a brick or herringbone pattern.
- She looked overhead and noticed on top of the clock tower, a giant crystal, not as round or red as the one the ship, but a triangular blue diamond shape.
- 3 (Games) 3.1 (card)Example sentences3.2
also: diamonds(suit) (+ singular or plural verb)diamantes (masculine plural)diamonds is o are trumpstriunfan diamantesExample sentences
- Regardless of the suit a joker played ‘high’ will defeat any diamond.
- The six cards in each fail suit are ranked like the six lowest diamonds.
- This is a valid tractor because four in a suit other than diamonds is the next rank above ace.
- Because of the difference in score, clubs and diamonds are called the minor suits and hearts and spades are the major suits.
- The familiar suits of hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades were introduced by French cardmakers in the late fifteenth century.
- 4 (in baseball) 4.1 (area inside bases)Example sentences4.2 (entire field)
- I agree with the idea of having each one of the four buttons on the gamepad correspond to their respective bases on the baseball diamond.
- The Mets would love to add Furcal, even though they would have to convince him to move to the right on the infield diamond and play second base.
- The playing area is delineated by two perpendicular lines that converge at the home plate, the focus point of the diamond made up of four bases - home, first, second and third.
- Baseball diamonds were bustling with activity all weekend as there were 44 registered teams competing.
- Enter ABC skate shop and the baseball diamond at Tompkin's Square.
- There's an area in front of the baseball diamonds and soccer fields for Frisbee golf.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.