Translation of diaphragm in Spanish:
- 1 (Anatomy)Example sentences
- Contraction of the expiratory muscles displaces the abdomen inward and the diaphragm upward into the thorax during exhalation.
- Metastatic tumor was also found in the thyroid gland, pericardium, myocardium, bilateral lungs, diaphragm, bilateral kidneys, and liver.
- Separating the chest from the abdomen, the diaphragm (pronounced: die-uh-fram) plays a lead role in breathing.
- 2 (contraceptive)Example sentences
- Find out from this factsheet by the fpa how contraceptive diaphragms and caps work, how effective they are at preventing pregnancy and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Barrier methods of contraception include diaphragms, condoms and cervical caps.
- Following his logic, we would have to say that Catholics who insist on using contraceptives should opt for condoms or diaphragms.
- 3 (in microphone, camera)Example sentences
- The flexible metal diaphragm provides expansion capability to partially compensate for thermal expansion mismatch between the liquids and the cylinder.
- The diaphragm is a flexible disk made of sheet metal with ridges carved into it.
- A diaphragm extends around the shaft and defines fluidly separate upper and lower chambers within a valve body.
- If you know how the combination of a shutter, a lens, a diaphragm, and a light meter can make a picture.
- From the images above you can clearly see the lenses are identical even down to the aperture diaphragm, which begs the question is the lens in the PhotoPC 3000Z a Carl Zeiss design?
- It is not much unlike a conventional camera in the conception of design, consisting of a lens and a diaphragm that adjust the focus and control the amount of light coming through.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.