noun plural dice
cortar en dados or cubitosExample sentences
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, small diced carrots, onion, and celery.
- Here, sweet red peppers are diced and sautéed with onions and garlic, combined with tomatoes and served as a soup with a raft of golden, fried feta cheese.
- After dicing the carrots, onions, and celery and adding them to the broth of duck, Mr. Bishop set out a bowl and saucer and glass of water when suddenly he was interrupted by a knocking on the door.
- 1.1(British English) (Games)1.2 (risk) to dice with death
jugar a los dadosjugar con la muerteExample sentences
- Four years older than John Peter of Bowhay, and seven older than Will, he was a bon vivant fond of dining and dicing: a suitable escort for his country cousins in Europe's most populous city.
- He looked over at his fellow guards and saw them in the corner, dicing and conversing good-naturedly.
- Six hands at an open door dicing for pieces of silver,