- 1 (clarity of speech) dicción (feminine) she has very good/poor diction tiene muy buena/mala dicciónMore example sentences
- Worshippers are encouraged to be careful about diction, stay in tune, sing exact note values, and avoid forcing the sound.
- Of course, applied voice teachers around the world have used the IPA for decades to teach singing diction.
- My already considerable admiration for Ms Olibert would have grown had she written on the problems associated with improper enunciation and diction.
- 2 [Literat] lenguaje (masculine)More example sentences
- But Pinsky's more fully developed critique is of an emerging poetic diction susceptible to a too easy appropriation.
- Instead of poetic diction, we have expository prose.
- Its flowery and elevated diction, however, deny the characters speech that approximates dialogue between real people.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.