Translation of differentiate in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (recognize distinction) distinguir* I don't differentiate between them yo no distingo entre ellos
- 2 [Biology/Biología] [cells/tissue] experimentar un proceso de diferenciación, diferenciarseExample sentences
- Proecdysial growth of the limb bud consists of rapid growth of the muscle cells that were differentiated during the basal growth period.
- By developing suitable tests with embryonic stem cells as they differentiate to germ cells we can investigate the action of these chemicals in the laboratory.
- Recent reports suggest that adult stem cells can differentiate into developmentally unrelated cell types.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (distinguish) [formal] diferenciar, distinguir* to differentiate sth
fromsth diferenciar or distinguir* algo dealgoExample sentences
- This is the first challenge in the process of managing spam: how to get a computer to analyze these strings to recognize and differentiate the welcome from the unwelcome emails.
- It is not yet possible for patients to recognise faces, but they can at least differentiate large objects that are moving in their environment.
- We will also attempt to determine the line that differentiates the normal from the abnormal, and how to deal with each of these cases as a result of this demarcation.
- We experienced some difficulty identifying whale species during the count, especially differentiating between bowhead and gray whales.
- However, neither system accurately identifies vehicles needed for wartime missions or differentiates between wartime- and peacetime-use vehicles.
- While most of us can easily identify a cactus, it may be harder to differentiate between an agave and an aloe.
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [function/expression] diferenciarExample sentences
- In his reply Leibniz gave some details of the principles of his differential calculus including the rule for differentiating a function of a function.
- We will also think about how functions are built from component parts, and how we differentiate a function by considering these parts individually and how they are combined.
- When trying to differentiate a complicated function, the method is to decompose it into simpler components, and work with these separately.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.