- 1 (recognize distinction) distinguir* I don't differentiate between them yo no distingo entre ellos
- 2 [Biology/Biología] [cells/tissue] experimentar un proceso de diferenciación, diferenciarseMore example sentences
- Proecdysial growth of the limb bud consists of rapid growth of the muscle cells that were differentiated during the basal growth period.
- By developing suitable tests with embryonic stem cells as they differentiate to germ cells we can investigate the action of these chemicals in the laboratory.
- Recent reports suggest that adult stem cells can differentiate into developmentally unrelated cell types.
- 1 (distinguish) [formal] diferenciar, distinguir* to differentiate sth
fromsth diferenciar or distinguir* algo dealgoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- This is the first challenge in the process of managing spam: how to get a computer to analyze these strings to recognize and differentiate the welcome from the unwelcome emails.
- It is not yet possible for patients to recognise faces, but they can at least differentiate large objects that are moving in their environment.
- We will also attempt to determine the line that differentiates the normal from the abnormal, and how to deal with each of these cases as a result of this demarcation.
- We experienced some difficulty identifying whale species during the count, especially differentiating between bowhead and gray whales.
- However, neither system accurately identifies vehicles needed for wartime missions or differentiates between wartime- and peacetime-use vehicles.
- While most of us can easily identify a cactus, it may be harder to differentiate between an agave and an aloe.
- 2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [function/expression] diferenciarMore example sentences
- In his reply Leibniz gave some details of the principles of his differential calculus including the rule for differentiating a function of a function.
- We will also think about how functions are built from component parts, and how we differentiate a function by considering these parts individually and how they are combined.
- When trying to differentiate a complicated function, the method is to decompose it into simpler components, and work with these separately.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.