- digestive juicesjugos (masculine plural) gástricosthe digestive systemel aparato digestivodigestive tracttracto (masculine) intestinalExample sentences
- These include increased blood pressure, cancers of the mouth and upper digestive system, cirrhosis of the liver, and pancreatic and other digestive disorders.
- Gastro-enterologists the world over attribute many of the chronic digestive disorders to the hurried swallowing of food, which may be over spiced or oily.
- An infusion made from the crushed foliage has cleansing and antiseptic properties and is used for soothing and healing skin wounds, and also as a remedy for certain digestive disorders.
- (British English) [colloquial] → digestive biscuitExample sentences
- But this, spotted today at about 3pm, really takes the digestive biscuit.
- Let cool to room temperature, and serve with shortbread cookies or digestive biscuits.
- If you eat two chocolate digestive biscuits, they cancel each other out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.