Translation of dignify in Spanish:
transitive verb dignifies, dignifying, dignified
- 1 (grace)Example sentences
- But what could be better than a biblical ingredient for enhancing and dignifying the material?
- The outcome is a series of eye-catching shelters that enhance and dignify bus travel and make a strong statement in the urban environment.
- What's causing you to dignify it by acting as if it's a worthy endeavor rather than yet another unnecessary cash-in attempt?
- 2 (make respectable)darle categoría aI would not dignify that question with an answeresa pregunta no es digna de respuestaExample sentences
- Doctrine aside, it seemed strange to me that he would choose the word ‘closet’ to dignify Mary; or, to put it the other way around, that something as mundane as a closet could be sanctified.
- Malnutrition was epidemic and medical care, if it can be dignified as such, was virtually useless in those rare instances when it was available.
- We are granted a glimpse of another world, a world that we share with the animals, who are dignified as antagonists, worshipped as totems and pursued as quarry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.