Translation of dignity in Spanish:
- 1 (dignified air) 1.1 (of person) dignidad (feminine) to lose/retain one's dignity perder*/conservar la dignidad to stand on one's dignity mantener* las distanciasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of occasion) solemnidad (feminine); (of monument) sobriedad (feminine)
- Of course people should be able to deal with each other in a manner of dignity and respect.
- He handed her the rose with all the dignity that such a serious occasion demanded before getting rather unsteadily to his feet.
- Joanna did herself proud, showing that Polish youth can carry themselves with dignity and decorum all over the world.
- An innate sense of pride and dignity sets them apart from the crowd.
- But on the other hand, that is what poverty does to us in the global south; it makes you lose your sense of dignity and pride.
- Imagine losing a lifetime of memories, your dignity and your sense of pride.
- 2 2.1 (status, worth) dignidad (feminine), categoría (feminine) she considers it to be beneath her dignity lo considera una degradación 2.2 (rank, position) [formal] dignidad (feminine) [formal]Example sentences
- He cultivated an image of Olympian detachment by scrupulously protecting the respective ranks and dignities of the grandees.
- Dealing with the item, the Mayor completely forgot the dignities of the office he holds as a neutral guardian of the rights of each citizen in his haste to score a personal rebuff.
- This is the sort of person who steps up to the plate when offices and dignities are being passed around.
- It is well understood that honour and dignity are more important than everything.
- She has an undefinable quality and she stands for dignity and respect.
- This White House came to Office on a platform of restoring honour and dignity to the White House.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.