Translation of dilate in Spanish:
- 1 (widen)dilatarseExample sentences
- Laughter appears to cause the tissue that forms the inner lining of blood vessels, the endothelium, to dilate or expand in order to increase blood flow.
- The allergen causes the release of chemicals within the body which act to make the small arterial blood vessels dilate and to leak fluid from the capillaries into the surrounding tissues.
- How well this artery dilates indicates how coronary arteries are behaving.
- 2 (speak, write at length) [formal]to dilate
ono uponsomethingextenderse sobrealgoExample sentences
- She is speaking to us from the security of her living room, safe in her culpable life, dilating on the most hopeless of catastrophes.
- He was one of the first creative people to dilate on this theme philosophically in his novel, first by questioning, ‘Where was the providence of the simple faith?’
- I don't have the space here to, er, dilate on the issue but in my view real women are, alas, a dying breed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.