Translation of dilute in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [liquid/concentrate] diluir*Example sentences1.2 [criticism] atenuar*
- Dyes using acetone or alcohol solvents can be diluted with water also.
- Old time gun makers stained their stocks with aqua fortis, a combination of nitric acid diluted with distilled water and iron filings.
- The aim is to develop epoxy systems that can be diluted in water - for ease of cleaning - without compromising chemical resistance and cure rate.
- But there is the danger that composers writing for amateurs may feel forced to dilute their musical language, to compromise their artistic integrity on the altar of accessibility.
- In addition, it will dilute its holding in the present subsidiary.
- But record labels will insist on keeping CDs in the charts because downloaders buy such a broad range of content they dilute the marketing push behind new artists - which labels need to survive.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.