Translation of diminutive in Spanish:
- 1 (small)Example sentences
- But while she is no softie and revels in a little rough-and-tumble now and again, her diminutive figure belies the true extent of her football potential.
- His figure looked sadly diminutive in a gray T-shirt and faded blue jeans.
- Sarah is a diminutive figure on stage, but when she sings her heavenly voice instantly makes her the centre of attention.
- 2 (Linguistics)Example sentences
- Ke is a diminutive suffix, conveying the sense of little in reference to the size of the dog.
- Its features include simplified grammar, exaggerated speech melody, diminutive forms of words such as doggie, and a highly repetitive style.
- But do not be put off by their diminutive name or even by some of the many examples that have absolutely no interest to you.
- (Linguistics)Example sentences
- The word is a diminutive of inland navigator, referring to the men who built the canals that preceded the railways.
- The name ‘baba’ is the colloquial Ukrainian word for woman or grandma, while ‘babka’ is a diminutive of the same word.
- It is hardly surprising therefore that the Arabic word for ‘garden’ should be the diminutive of the word for ‘Paradise’.
- In 1928 he proclaimed himself King of Albania, taking the name Zog, a diminutive of his family's surname.
- Children sometimes are called by diminutives of their names.
- The rabbis rounded his name, added the diminutive.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.