Translation of diminutive in Spanish:
- 1 (small) diminuto, minúsculoExample sentences
- But while she is no softie and revels in a little rough-and-tumble now and again, her diminutive figure belies the true extent of her football potential.
- His figure looked sadly diminutive in a gray T-shirt and faded blue jeans.
- Sarah is a diminutive figure on stage, but when she sings her heavenly voice instantly makes her the centre of attention.
- 2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] diminutivoExample sentences
- Ke is a diminutive suffix, conveying the sense of little in reference to the size of the dog.
- Its features include simplified grammar, exaggerated speech melody, diminutive forms of words such as doggie, and a highly repetitive style.
- But do not be put off by their diminutive name or even by some of the many examples that have absolutely no interest to you.
- [Linguistics/Lingüística] diminutivo (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the