- 1 (person) comensal (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
- Brave restaurant workers and a diner disarmed a customer who pulled out a gun in a dispute over an unpaid bill.
- He is a frequent diner at Italian restaurants in Portman, Grand Hyatt and St Regis.
- Amid the chatter of diners in Lakeland's restaurants and hotels, observant customers may have noticed the prevalence of Eastern European accents ringing out among the staff.
- 2 2.1 (restaurant) (American English/inglés norteamericano) cafetería (feminine) 2.2dining carMore example sentences
- They walked around for about an hour before settling into a booth at the diner for coffee and chat.
- And all-you-can-eat buffets are as common as roadside diners once were.
- There's nothing better than eating at small, greasy roadside diners and sleeping in fleabag motels to let you know you are still alive.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.