Translation of dinner in Spanish:
noununcountable or countable
- 1 (in evening) to eat o have dinner to sit down to dinnersentarse a cenarwho's cooking (the) dinner tonight?¿quién hace hoy la cena?they've asked us to dinner to go out to dinnersalir a cenar fuera(before noun) dinner guest dinner plateplato (masculine) llano or (Mexico) plano or ( (River Plate area) tb) playo or (Chile) bajo (grande)Example sentences
- This includes luxury coach, motel accommodation, three breakfasts and dinners plus one lunch.
- They receive subsidised breakfast, lunch and dinners if they have to work late.
- You celebrate cozy dinners and candlelight evenings with family and loved ones.
- The dining hall is usually reserved for the weekly formal dinners and breakfast buffets.
- Our team provides the best quality food to all sizes of events, from corporate dinners to weddings.
- Bacon had to carry on with the reception and dinners in his honour.
- 3 (at midday)comida (feminine) (esp (Spain) , (Mexico) )to eat o have dinnercomer (esp (Spain) , (Mexico) )Sunday/Christmas dinnerel almuerzo or (esp (Spain) , (Mexico) ) la comida del domingo/de Navidadmy children have school dinnersmis hijos se quedan a comer en el colegioI hate school dinnersodio la comida del colegiohe's had more girlfriends than you've had hot dinners [colloquial]¡cambia de novia como de camisa!(before noun) dinner hourhora (feminine) del almuerzo or (esp (Spain) , (Mexico) ) de la comidadinner moneydinero (masculine) para el almuerzo or (esp (Spain) , (Mexico) ) para la comida
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.