Translation of dinner in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- 1.1 (in evening) cena (feminine), comida (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) to eat o have dinner cenar, comer (Latin America/América Latina) to sit down to dinner sentarse* a cenar who's cooking (the) dinner tonight? ¿quién hace hoy la cena? they've asked us to dinner nos han invitado a cenar (a su casa) to go out to dinner salir* a cenar fuera (before noun/delante del nombre) dinner guest invitado, (masculine, feminine) a cenar dinner plate plato (masculine) llano or (Mexico/México) plano or (in River Plate area also/en Río de la Plata también) playo or (Chile) bajo ([ grande ])Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (formal) cena (feminine) (de gala) 1.3 (at midday) almuerzo (masculine), comida (feminine) (especially Spain, Mexico/especialmente España, México) to eat o have dinner almorzar*, comer (especially Spain, Mexico/especialmente España, México) Sunday/Christmas dinner el almuerzo or (especially Spain, Mexico/especialmente España, México) la comida del domingo/de Navidad my children have school dinners mis hijos se quedan a comer en el colegio I hate school dinners odio la comida del colegio he's had more girlfriends than you've had hot dinners [colloquial/familiar] ¡cambia de novia como de camisa! (before noun/delante del nombre) dinner hour hora (feminine) del almuerzo or (especially Spain, Mexico/especialmente España, México) de la comida dinner money dinero (masculine) para el almuerzo or (especially Spain, Mexico/especialmente España, México) para la comida
- This includes luxury coach, motel accommodation, three breakfasts and dinners plus one lunch.
- They receive subsidised breakfast, lunch and dinners if they have to work late.
- You celebrate cozy dinners and candlelight evenings with family and loved ones.
- The dining hall is usually reserved for the weekly formal dinners and breakfast buffets.
- Our team provides the best quality food to all sizes of events, from corporate dinners to weddings.
- Bacon had to carry on with the reception and dinners in his honour.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.