Translation of dinner in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1 (in evening) to eat o have dinner to sit down to dinnersentarse a cenarwho's cooking (the) dinner tonight?¿quién hace hoy la cena?they've asked us to dinner to go out to dinnersalir a cenar fuera(before noun) dinner guest dinner plateplato (masculine) llano or (Mexico) plano or (in River Plate area also) playo or (Chile) bajo (grande)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (formal) 1.3 (at midday) to eat o have dinner Sunday/Christmas dinner
- This includes luxury coach, motel accommodation, three breakfasts and dinners plus one lunch.
- They receive subsidised breakfast, lunch and dinners if they have to work late.
- You celebrate cozy dinners and candlelight evenings with family and loved ones.
el almuerzo or (especially Spain, Mexico) la comida del domingo/de Navidadmy children have school dinnersmis hijos se quedan a comer en el colegioI hate school dinnersodio la comida del colegiohe's had more girlfriends than you've had hot dinners [colloquial]¡cambia de novia como de camisa!(before noun) dinner hourhora (feminine) del almuerzo or (especially Spain, Mexico) de la comidadinner moneydinero (masculine) para el almuerzo or (especially Spain, Mexico) para la comida
- The dining hall is usually reserved for the weekly formal dinners and breakfast buffets.
- Our team provides the best quality food to all sizes of events, from corporate dinners to weddings.
- Bacon had to carry on with the reception and dinners in his honour.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.