Translation of dinner in Spanish:
noununcountable or countable
- 1 (in evening) to eat o have dinner to sit down to dinnersentarse a cenarwho's cooking (the) dinner tonight?¿quién hace hoy la cena?they've asked us to dinner to go out to dinnersalir a cenar fuera(before noun) dinner guest dinner plateplato (masculine) llano or (Mexico) plano or (River Plate area tb) playo or (Chile) bajo (grande)Example sentences
- This includes luxury coach, motel accommodation, three breakfasts and dinners plus one lunch.
- They receive subsidised breakfast, lunch and dinners if they have to work late.
- You celebrate cozy dinners and candlelight evenings with family and loved ones.
- The dining hall is usually reserved for the weekly formal dinners and breakfast buffets.
- Our team provides the best quality food to all sizes of events, from corporate dinners to weddings.
- Bacon had to carry on with the reception and dinners in his honour.
- 3 (at midday)comida (feminine) (esp Spain, Mexico)to eat o have dinnercomer (esp Spain, Mexico)Sunday/Christmas dinnerel almuerzo or (esp Spain, Mexico) la comida del domingo/de Navidadmy children have school dinnersmis hijos se quedan a comer en el colegioI hate school dinnersodio la comida del colegiohe's had more girlfriends than you've had hot dinners [colloquial]¡cambia de novia como de camisa!(before noun) dinner hourhora (feminine) del almuerzo or (esp Spain, Mexico) de la comidadinner moneydinero (masculine) para el almuerzo or (esp Spain, Mexico) para la comida
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.