- (British English) → diplomatic pouchExample sentences
- Kissinger used diplomatic bags to smuggle lethal weapons past the customs of a democracy; he is potentially outside the law as much as any terrorist.
- What do you think is in all those diplomatic bags that they carry all over the world?
- Under international convention, diplomatic bags are supposed to go through customs unimpeded, and the European Union has also protested against Zimbabwe's action.
Definition of diplomatic bag in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.