Translation of direction in Spanish:
- 1 countable (course, compass point) in that directionen esa direcciónin a westerly directionen dirección oestein all directionsen todas direccionessense of direction to change direction it's a step in the right directiones un paso positivoin the direction ofen dirección aExample sentences
- The route heads in a north-westerly direction running a corridor along the western side of the Oakpark halting site.
- From there the route heads in a north-westerly direction running along the western side of the Oakpark halting site.
- Should traffic travel in the opposite direction along certain roads?
- Letter writers, like Julia Baird, travel in many different directions to reach their destinations
- When she reached the directions ' destination, she was shocked.
- But it is I myself who must get there, even though I have the directions and destination down.
- Like the other farmsteads hereabouts, it is protected on three sides by trees and is only open to the views in a direction a little east of south.
- Turning your legs and feet while keeping your torso facing a different direction is a hard thing to learn.
- A cold front slowly moved through central Florida today changing the wind direction somewhat from west to west northwest.
- 2 countable (tendency) a token gesture in the direction of reconciliationun gesto simbólico hacia la reconciliaciónExample sentences
- Some trends may be apparent but other changes may occur which may contradict the general direction of the trend.
- The trend indicates the general tendency or direction over the long-term.
- A seemingly prolibertarian procedural rule may thus lead the law to develop in antilibertarian substantive directions.
- 3 uncountable (purpose) her enthusiasm lacks directionno sabe canalizar or encauzar su entusiasmohe lacks directionno tiene un norte
- 4 uncountable (supervision) under the direction ofbajo la dirección deshe is able to work well with the minimum of directiones capaz de trabajar bien con el mínimo de instruccionesExample sentences
- This tradition stretches back many years and probably started under the guidance and direction of the late Dermot Burke.
- Because there's been no direction, no guidance, they've gone into crime.
- He was the complainant's father, one whom she loved and respected and one whom she looked to for direction and guidance.
- However, the actors and direction are very impressive, and there's some snappy, witty dialogue.
- His pace is quirky and his direction of the actors inventive.
- What he does bring to his direction is an actor's flair for bringing out the best in his cast.
- 5also: directions plural5.1 (for route)indicaciones (feminine plural)I had to ask for directionstuve que preguntar el camino
tuve que pedir indicaciones or que me indicaran el caminoExample sentences5.2 (for task, use, assembly)
instrucciones (feminine plural)directions for use
- The manufacturer's directions were followed while performing the test.
- Read the entire label before use and carefully follow the labeled directions for use.
- Give one direction at a time during the procedure to help your child if needed.
indicaciones (feminine plural)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.