- 1 1.1 (of company) directivo, -tiva (m,f) non-executive director consejero, -ra (m,f) board of directors consejo (m) de administración, junta (f) directiva the financial/personnel director el director de finanzas/de personal see also managing directorMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (of department, project) director, -tora (m,f)
- Many of them, including a series of finance directors, had already departed.
- Finance directors will be reluctant to take a big hit on their profits, so where possible will look around for other cost savings.
- Gleeson was also appointed senior independent non-executive director for the purposes of the Combined Code on Corporate Governance.
- Business ties between directors and companies whose boards they sit on are being terminated.
- In the meantime it also appears that there is friction between board directors and shareholders.
- Anglo Irish currently has six non-executive directors and five executive directors on its board.
- 2 2.1 [Cin] [Theat] director, -tora (m,f) 2.2 (esp AmE) [Mus] director, -tora (m,f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- But there are many music composers, directors and singers who do not support the remix culture.
- Francesca Zambello, one of the world's foremost female directors of opera and musical theatre, will direct.
- Those were days when the artistes, directors and composers used to spend days together to perfect the songs.
- The film director Jean Cocteau was a very strange man, in a decidedly French way.
- Jews played a major part in theater and in the film industry as producers, directors and actors.
- Film directors often gave comedy actors like Vivek a relatively free hand in developing the humour track.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.