Translation of director in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of company)directivo, (-tiva) (masculine, feminine)board of directors the financial/personnel directorel director de finanzas/de personalsee also→ managing directorExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of department, project)
- Many of them, including a series of finance directors, had already departed.
- Finance directors will be reluctant to take a big hit on their profits, so where possible will look around for other cost savings.
- Gleeson was also appointed senior independent non-executive director for the purposes of the Combined Code on Corporate Governance.
director, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)
- Business ties between directors and companies whose boards they sit on are being terminated.
- In the meantime it also appears that there is friction between board directors and shareholders.
- Anglo Irish currently has six non-executive directors and five executive directors on its board.
- 2 2.1 (Cinema, Theater)director, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences2.2 (esp American English) (Music)
director, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The film director Jean Cocteau was a very strange man, in a decidedly French way.
- Jews played a major part in theater and in the film industry as producers, directors and actors.
- Film directors often gave comedy actors like Vivek a relatively free hand in developing the humour track.
- But there are many music composers, directors and singers who do not support the remix culture.
- Francesca Zambello, one of the world's foremost female directors of opera and musical theatre, will direct.
- Those were days when the artistes, directors and composers used to spend days together to perfect the songs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.