Translation of director in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of company) directivo, (masculine, feminine) board of directors consejo (masculine) de administración, junta (feminine) directiva the financial/personnel director el director de finanzas/de personal see also managing directorExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of department, project) director, (masculine, feminine)
- Many of them, including a series of finance directors, had already departed.
- Finance directors will be reluctant to take a big hit on their profits, so where possible will look around for other cost savings.
- Gleeson was also appointed senior independent non-executive director for the purposes of the Combined Code on Corporate Governance.
- Business ties between directors and companies whose boards they sit on are being terminated.
- In the meantime it also appears that there is friction between board directors and shareholders.
- Anglo Irish currently has six non-executive directors and five executive directors on its board.
- 2 2.1 [Cinema/Cine] [Theater/Teatro] director, (masculine, feminine) 2.2 (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) [Music/Música] director, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- But there are many music composers, directors and singers who do not support the remix culture.
- Francesca Zambello, one of the world's foremost female directors of opera and musical theatre, will direct.
- Those were days when the artistes, directors and composers used to spend days together to perfect the songs.
- The film director Jean Cocteau was a very strange man, in a decidedly French way.
- Jews played a major part in theater and in the film industry as producers, directors and actors.
- Film directors often gave comedy actors like Vivek a relatively free hand in developing the humour track.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to