Translation of directory in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1also: telephone directoryguía (feminine) telefónica or de teléfonos
directorio (masculine) telefónico (Colombia) (Mexico)
listín (masculine) (de teléfonos) (Spain) [colloquial]
- 2 (index, yearbook) a street o (American English) city directoryuna guía de calles
un callejeroExample sentences
- I go down to the MHS library and begin looking at the 1912 city directories, alphabetical listings of people, their addresses, and occupations.
- The directory, besides listing details about its members, has several other user-friendly features.
- Even media businesses or services without a web presence can benefit from having their details listed in the directory.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.