Translation of disagree in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (differ in opinion)to disagree (
withsomebody/something)no estar de acuerdo (no one ventured to disagree conalguien/algo)
disentir or discrepar (
dealguien/algo) [formal]nadie se atrevió a mostrar su desacuerdo or disconformidadI (must) disagreeyo no estoy de acuerdo
yo disiento or discrepo [formal]Example sentences1.2 (quarrel)to disagree (
- Len Wallace respected all opinions - even while disagreeing - and he was always honest, focused and principled.
- Post-trial newspaper reports paint a picture of pathological mayhem, with medical experts disagreeing and changing their opinions.
- But when relaxed, he is charming, deferring politely to opinions with which he disagrees and displaying a conscientious desire to understand.
withsomebody) 1.3 (conflict)(figures/reports/accounts)to disagree
withsomethingno coincidir conalgoExample sentences
- The various accounts disagree over whether it was the whole of his left ear or just part of it which was cut.
- The remaining ‘incongruous’ crosses disagreeing in gene order with the largest clique were used to infer the existence of inversion polymorphism.
- Couples go through a number of statements and see whether they agree, disagree, or are undecided about them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.