Translation of disagree in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 1.1 (differ in opinion) to disagree (
withsb/sth) no estar* de acuerdo ( conalgn/algo), disentir* or discrepar ( dealgn/algo) [formal] no one ventured to disagree nadie se atrevió a mostrar su desacuerdo or disconformidad I (must) disagree yo no estoy de acuerdo, yo disiento or discrepo [formal] 1.2 (quarrel) to disagree ( withsb) discutir ( conalgn)Example sentences1.3 (conflict) [figures/reports/accounts] no coincidir, discrepar to disagree
- Len Wallace respected all opinions - even while disagreeing - and he was always honest, focused and principled.
- Post-trial newspaper reports paint a picture of pathological mayhem, with medical experts disagreeing and changing their opinions.
- But when relaxed, he is charming, deferring politely to opinions with which he disagrees and displaying a conscientious desire to understand.
withsth no coincidir conalgoExample sentences
- The various accounts disagree over whether it was the whole of his left ear or just part of it which was cut.
- The remaining ‘incongruous’ crosses disagreeing in gene order with the largest clique were used to infer the existence of inversion polymorphism.
- Couples go through a number of statements and see whether they agree, disagree, or are undecided about them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.