transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- desconectar I didn't pay my bills, so I was disconnected me cortaron el teléfono ( or el gas etc) por no pagarMore example sentences
- In 1994 12, 500 households were disconnected from water supplies because they couldn't pay.
- Hundreds of thousands of customers have been disconnected for non-payment of bills, something that was illegal before privatisation.
- The corporatisation of basic services has meant that millions have been disconnected from water and electricity.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [Computing/Informática] desconectar
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.