Translation of discordant in Spanish:
- [music/note/opinion/colors] discordante; [atmosphere] de discordia to strike a discordant note dar* la nota discordante to be discordant
withsth [formal], discordar* conalgo [formal]Example sentences
- You might guess that a show selected by six different people would appear discordant, reflecting a clash of outlook and taste.
- It examined the divergent and discordant forces at work in the UK at the time: Scottish, Welsh and English nationalism, as well as the Northern Ireland conflict.
- As a consequence, the complex shows discordant evolutionary patterns at different levels of organization.
- Rakael frowned as a harsh, discordant sound echoed in her ears.
- Furthermore, all manner of wind instruments are used to create discordant noises that sound dangerously close to flatulence.
- Its voice grows harsh, and discordant, sounding more like two people talking at once.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to