- descuento (masculine) I got a 10% discount o a discount of 10% me hicieron un 10% de descuento or un descuento del 10% she gave me a discount on the sofa me hizo un descuento en el precio del sofá cash discount descuento por pago en efectivo or al contado is there a trade discount? ¿hacen descuentos al gremio? at a discount the goods were sold off at a discount la mercancía se vendió con descuento or a precio reducido these shares are at a discount to their issue price estas acciones se cotizan por debajo de su precio de emisión good manners seem to be at a discount these days [formal] hoy en día ya no cuentan los buenos modales (before noun/delante del nombre) [store/stationer] de saldos; [furniture/hardware] de saldoMore example sentences
- But how hard would it be to create a movie gift card that offers a discount for the cost of 10 tickets or more?
- You will probably find that from time to time you will get extra offers, discounts and lower shipping costs.
- Our prices are negotiable and we do offer discounts for bulk purchases.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈdɪskaʊnt; dɪsˈkaʊnt; dɪsˈkaʊnt/
- 2 [Finance] [bill of exchange/promissory note] descontar*
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.