- 1 (American English/inglés norteamericano) (store) tienda (f) de saldos, tienda (f) de descuentosMore example sentences
- They are owners of the nation's largest steel works, travel agency, brick factory, discount house, auto dealership and computer software firm.
- The night before we left on our vacation at Grand Beach Michigan, I dreamt of seeing a large maroon discount house and also a concrete bridge near an old railroad crossing.
- It goes for a little under a hundred bucks at most discount houses and it seems like quite a bargain.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [Finance/Finanzas] banco (masculine) de descuentoMore example sentences
- A clearing giant differs in its structure, business activities, and orientation from a discount house or a merchant bank.
- Prior to the outbreak of World War I in 1914 world trade was financed through real bill circulation with London acting as the discount house on a remarkably small gold base.
- Furthermore, there would only be a limited period of time within which it would be reasonably foreseeable that a bank or discount house would rely upon a given set of audited accounts.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.