Translation of discretion in Spanish:
- 1 (tact)Example sentences
- The truth is any parent who thinks their child is the soul of discretion on the internet is likely to be wrong.
- If these people play fair and use discretion and common sense, they shall have my full support.
- Whoever put them in that group probably hoped discretion and goodwill would make sense of an anomaly.
- 2 (judgment) use your discretionusa tu criterioat the committee's discretion
haz lo que mejor te parezcaa criterio or a discreción de la comisiónthey granted her the discretion to do whatever she felt necessaryle concedieron facultades discrecionales para hacer lo que considerara necesariothe age o years of discretionla madurezdiscretion is the better part of valorExample sentences
- Rules say bus drivers can use their discretion regarding dogs but they must have a valid reason for refusing.
- He says he hopes selectors use their discretion and pick him for the event anyway.
- However, it is entirely at the discretion of local authorities how this is applied.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.