Translation of discretion in Spanish:
- 1 (tact) discreción (feminine)Example sentences
- The truth is any parent who thinks their child is the soul of discretion on the internet is likely to be wrong.
- If these people play fair and use discretion and common sense, they shall have my full support.
- Whoever put them in that group probably hoped discretion and goodwill would make sense of an anomaly.
- 2 (judgment) criterio (masculine) use your discretion usa tu criterio, haz lo que mejor te parezca at the committee's discretion a criterio or a discreción de la comisión they granted her the discretion to do whatever she felt necessary le concedieron facultades discrecionales para hacer lo que considerara necesario the age o years of discretion la madurez discretion is the better part of valor la prudencia es la madre de la cienciaExample sentences
- Rules say bus drivers can use their discretion regarding dogs but they must have a valid reason for refusing.
- He says he hopes selectors use their discretion and pick him for the event anyway.
- However, it is entirely at the discretion of local authorities how this is applied.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.