- 1 (unfair treatment) discriminación (f) racial/sex discrimination discriminación racial/sexualMore example sentences
- His attorneys argued the different treatment represents discrimination against gays and lesbians and is unconstitutional.
- Then they say that discrimination against gays is unjust, but backhand them saying that same-sex unions aren't equivalent to marriage.
- Affirmative action, for them, was no less invidious than traditional race discrimination against disadvantaged minorities.
- 2 (discernment) criterio (m), discernimiento (m)More example sentences
- Shifting the emphasis from matters of taste, discrimination or aesthetics, media education now borrowed from new sources and began to ask new questions.
- A collection is a revealing reflection of the taste discrimination of the collector and of his aesthetic sensibility.
- In record shops, they both stood apart as labels that were run by and for connoisseurs, shields of taste and discrimination.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.