Translation of discrimination in Spanish:
- 1 (unfair treatment) discriminación (feminine) racial/sex discrimination discriminación racial/sexualExample sentences
- His attorneys argued the different treatment represents discrimination against gays and lesbians and is unconstitutional.
- Then they say that discrimination against gays is unjust, but backhand them saying that same-sex unions aren't equivalent to marriage.
- Affirmative action, for them, was no less invidious than traditional race discrimination against disadvantaged minorities.
- 2 (discernment) criterio (masculine), discernimiento (masculine)Example sentences
- Shifting the emphasis from matters of taste, discrimination or aesthetics, media education now borrowed from new sources and began to ask new questions.
- A collection is a revealing reflection of the taste discrimination of the collector and of his aesthetic sensibility.
- In record shops, they both stood apart as labels that were run by and for connoisseurs, shields of taste and discrimination.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.