- 1 (unfair treatment) discriminación (f) racial/sex discrimination discriminación racial/sexualMore example sentences
- His attorneys argued the different treatment represents discrimination against gays and lesbians and is unconstitutional.
- Then they say that discrimination against gays is unjust, but backhand them saying that same-sex unions aren't equivalent to marriage.
- Affirmative action, for them, was no less invidious than traditional race discrimination against disadvantaged minorities.
- 2 (discernment) criterio (m), discernimiento (m)More example sentences
- Shifting the emphasis from matters of taste, discrimination or aesthetics, media education now borrowed from new sources and began to ask new questions.
- A collection is a revealing reflection of the taste discrimination of the collector and of his aesthetic sensibility.
- In record shops, they both stood apart as labels that were run by and for connoisseurs, shields of taste and discrimination.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.