Translation of disfavor in Spanish:
- 1.1 (disapproval) [formal] desaprobación (feminine) to view o look on sth with disfavor desaprobar* algo [formal], no ver* algo con buenos ojos to fall into disfavor [person] caer* en desgracia [custom] caer* en desuso to find disfavor with sb encontrar* la oposición de algnExample sentences1.2 (disadvantage) [formal] to be to sb's disfavor perjudicar* a algn
- There is nothing new in this: the Monarchy has almost always been regarded with disfavour, so has the ‘Establishment’, especially when times were bad.
- A decision-maker may have unfairly regarded with disfavour one party's case either consciously or unconsciously.
- Spam has retained some popularity in various parts of the world, although regarded with disfavour by those who eschew processed foods or have pretensions to gourmet status.
- Because they are difficult to grow, farro and spelt fell into disfavor as farmers turned to raising the more profitable and high-yielding commercial wheat variety.
- Human intelligence fell into disfavor during the 90's, even into the 80's.
- It fell into disfavor when synthetic thyroid became more popular.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the