Translation of disintegrate in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (fragment) [metal/rock] desintegrarse, deshacerse* 1.2 (fall apart) [rocket] desintegrarse 1.3 (lose cohesion) [empire/movement] desintegrarseExample sentences1.4 [Physics/Física] (decay) desintegrarse
- Families and communities disintegrate under the crushing burden of drug addiction.
- Many have disconnected from their society as communities disintegrate, partly because few have the time to contribute to their local community and build local support systems.
- When government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates, and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies.
- It was rotten and decayed and completely disintegrated on impact.
- Although the articles we created from plywood have long since disintegrated through woodworm and decay, memories of our early lives and our innocent preoccupation remain constant.
- The boat then disintegrated on impact with the water.
- They suggested that the atoms of a radioactive element disintegrate spontaneously to form atoms of another element.
- Alpha radiation is the stream of alpha particles emitted when radioactive materials disintegrate.
- Alpha decay occurs when an atomic nucleus disintegrates by emitting alpha particles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the