Translation of disinter in Spanish:
transitive verb -rr-[formal]
- 1.1Example sentences1.2
- Mopping up continued through the night as frantic efforts were made to disinter the troops buried in the tunnels.
- The ghastly sight of mutilated corpses disinterred from mass graves is psychologically incompatible with calculations about scarce resources, opportunity costs and trade-offs.
- In 1648 his remains were disinterred and buried under a dunghill, but after the Restoration they were restored to their original resting place.
- Plans for such a move were regarded by observers as an apparent attempt to make political gains from disinterring the past of some of the governing coalition's opponents.
- Yet it was not until the final chapter, in which Cagliostro's legacy - historical, cultural, philosophical - is disinterred, that I really began to care.
- So it isn't so much an exasperation, but a mystification, almost amounting to irritation under questioning, that Berkovic should be disinterred from the mental plot to which the manager has evidently assigned him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.