- 1 (indifference, apathy) desinterés (masculine) it's a matter of complete disinterest to me es un asunto que no me interesa en absolutoMore example sentences
- A hand propping up his head shows his disinterest in the conversation.
- As a result of this cycle of mutual disinterest, young people tend to have a weaker party identification than their elders do.
- Some people exude outright disinterest and apathy towards their country's films.
- 2 (impartiality) neutralidad (f), imparcialidad (f)More example sentences
- As Brynor neared, he glanced at each of us in turn with the casual, detached disinterest of a scientist examining a particularly repulsive insect.
- I watched with detached disinterest as Sean and Amber presented themselves to the audience and received their medallions from the organizers.
- In fact, I think the word I'm looking for is disinterest, in the sense of impartiality.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.