Translation of disinterest in Spanish:
- 1 (indifference, apathy) desinterés (masculine) it's a matter of complete disinterest to me es un asunto que no me interesa en absolutoExample sentences
- A hand propping up his head shows his disinterest in the conversation.
- As a result of this cycle of mutual disinterest, young people tend to have a weaker party identification than their elders do.
- Some people exude outright disinterest and apathy towards their country's films.
- 2 (impartiality) neutralidad (feminine), imparcialidad (feminine)Example sentences
- As Brynor neared, he glanced at each of us in turn with the casual, detached disinterest of a scientist examining a particularly repulsive insect.
- I watched with detached disinterest as Sean and Amber presented themselves to the audience and received their medallions from the organizers.
- In fact, I think the word I'm looking for is disinterest, in the sense of impartiality.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the