Translation of dislocate in Spanish:
- 1 (Medicine)(joint/limb)
- You press a certain spot in the back of the neck and dislocate their bone.
- You can dislocate your jaws and wrest your hands out of their joints, they still haven't understood you and will never understand you.
- Andy walked away after that, leaving Laura crying on the floor nursing her possibly dislocated jaw.
- 2 (disrupt)(traffic/economy)
- Our keys to victory have been our ability to disrupt enemy communications, dislocate his plans, and degrade his forces through air superiority, as well as our seemingly limitless logistics resources.
- The point here is that because these nations are still modernising, they are open to all the disturbing and dislocating ideological forces that this process can unleash.
- Hain said that fish and many other coral reef organisms would have been dislocated and washed ashore by the tsunami, but it is difficult to say how long they will take to recover.
- 3 (displace) (American English)Example sentences
- Political outcomes are dislocated from the intentions or hopes of individual politicians, as resolutions are mediated between dozens of players and hundreds of officials.
- Also, isolation through moving to urban centres means many Maori have been dislocated from vital support networks.
- This confrontation is treated like other seemingly random acts of terrorism in the mass media, dislocated from the cultural and political history behind the conflict.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.