Translation of dismount in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- desmontar he helped her to dismount la ayudó a desmontar to dismount from a horse bajarse or apearse or desmontarse de un caballo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [engine/machine] desmontarExample sentences
- Because the unit sits within the wheel hub, there is no chance of damaging it when mounting or dismounting a tire, a potential problem with wheel-mounted tire pressure monitoring units.
- Mounting and dismounting a bulky snow blade is difficult at best.
- These are small but necessary details required when dismounting these weapons systems.
- 2 [Riding] (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) desmontarExample sentences
- After reaching the bank, Weatherford dismounted, checked his horse for injuries and rode away, unharmed.
- We cover mounting and dismounting and controlling the horse using the reins.
- I most certainly do not need help dismounting from a horse.
- Cody, too, is dismounted; his horse, having stumbled in a hole, is shown rearing, perhaps owing to the rattle of gunfire.
- Also, so many troops have been dismounted and sent on daily patrols that they had to do something.
- Along the way, as you know, we've had a lot of rain here over those days, a number of the trucks got stuck in quagmires because they were going off road to get there, had to dismount some soldiers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.