Translation of dismount in Spanish:
- 1(engine/machine)Example sentences
- Because the unit sits within the wheel hub, there is no chance of damaging it when mounting or dismounting a tire, a potential problem with wheel-mounted tire pressure monitoring units.
- Mounting and dismounting a bulky snow blade is difficult at best.
- These are small but necessary details required when dismounting these weapons systems.
- 2 (Riding) (usually passive)Example sentences
- After reaching the bank, Weatherford dismounted, checked his horse for injuries and rode away, unharmed.
- We cover mounting and dismounting and controlling the horse using the reins.
- I most certainly do not need help dismounting from a horse.
- Cody, too, is dismounted; his horse, having stumbled in a hole, is shown rearing, perhaps owing to the rattle of gunfire.
- Also, so many troops have been dismounted and sent on daily patrols that they had to do something.
- Along the way, as you know, we've had a lot of rain here over those days, a number of the trucks got stuck in quagmires because they were going off road to get there, had to dismount some soldiers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.