- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (replacement) sustitución (f), reemplazo (m)More example sentences1.2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable [Nautical/Náutica] desplazamiento (masculine); [Cars/Automovilismo] cilindrada (feminine)
More example sentences
- From West Africa to Southeast Asia, these trends have resulted in massive male displacement and, frequently, unemployment.
- Labor groups resisted the introduction of the steam presses fearing job displacement.
- In such a case, females would be farther north than males in the absence of displacement of females by later-arriving males.
More example sentences1.3 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable [Psychology/Psicología] sublimación (feminine)
- In another one of those historical ironies, the modern corvette is the same size and displacement as the original destroyers that appeared about a century ago.
- Improvements include increased payload share of ship displacement, stealthy design, advanced propulsion system and combat systems with modular open architecture.
- The hull displacement is 2,168t surfaced and 2,455t dived.
More example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (of refugees) desplazamiento (masculine)
- A gear pump system has a fixed displacement and requires a change in pump shaft speed to affect pump volume.
- Variable displacement piston pumps are just icing on the cake of an already flourishing miniexcavator market.
- Driving pressure (also known as power) is determined by the displacement of the reciprocating pumps or diaphragms.
More example sentences
- Like all symbioses it was bound together and sustained by the primary processes of uncritical displacement and condensation.
- The influence of perceptual displacement and age on the retrospective component of prospective remembering was considered in a similar analysis.
- Perceptual displacement of cues modulated performance of the prospective component but not the retrospective component.
- There was no mention of displacement by natural catastrophes.
- The project involves large-scale displacement of farmers and destruction of farmland, forests and common lands.
- Regular villas for Roman colonists in Kent: evidence suggests massive displacement of native farmers after Roman conquest
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.