Translation of displacement in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (replacement) sustitución (feminine), reemplazo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 u and c [Nautical/Náutica] desplazamiento (masculine); [Cars/Automovilismo] cilindrada (feminine)
- From West Africa to Southeast Asia, these trends have resulted in massive male displacement and, frequently, unemployment.
- Labor groups resisted the introduction of the steam presses fearing job displacement.
- In such a case, females would be farther north than males in the absence of displacement of females by later-arriving males.
Example sentences1.3 u and c [Psychology/Psicología] sublimación (feminine)
- In another one of those historical ironies, the modern corvette is the same size and displacement as the original destroyers that appeared about a century ago.
- Improvements include increased payload share of ship displacement, stealthy design, advanced propulsion system and combat systems with modular open architecture.
- The hull displacement is 2,168t surfaced and 2,455t dived.
Example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (of refugees) desplazamiento (masculine)
- A gear pump system has a fixed displacement and requires a change in pump shaft speed to affect pump volume.
- Variable displacement piston pumps are just icing on the cake of an already flourishing miniexcavator market.
- Driving pressure (also known as power) is determined by the displacement of the reciprocating pumps or diaphragms.
- Like all symbioses it was bound together and sustained by the primary processes of uncritical displacement and condensation.
- The influence of perceptual displacement and age on the retrospective component of prospective remembering was considered in a similar analysis.
- Perceptual displacement of cues modulated performance of the prospective component but not the retrospective component.
- There was no mention of displacement by natural catastrophes.
- The project involves large-scale displacement of farmers and destruction of farmland, forests and common lands.
- Regular villas for Roman colonists in Kent: evidence suggests massive displacement of native farmers after Roman conquest
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.