- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (replacement) sustitución (feminine), reemplazo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable [Nautical/Náutica] desplazamiento (masculine); [Cars/Automovilismo] cilindrada (feminine)
More example sentences
- From West Africa to Southeast Asia, these trends have resulted in massive male displacement and, frequently, unemployment.
- Labor groups resisted the introduction of the steam presses fearing job displacement.
- In such a case, females would be farther north than males in the absence of displacement of females by later-arriving males.
More example sentences1.3 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable [Psychology/Psicología] sublimación (feminine)
- In another one of those historical ironies, the modern corvette is the same size and displacement as the original destroyers that appeared about a century ago.
- Improvements include increased payload share of ship displacement, stealthy design, advanced propulsion system and combat systems with modular open architecture.
- The hull displacement is 2,168t surfaced and 2,455t dived.
More example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (of refugees) desplazamiento (masculine)
- A gear pump system has a fixed displacement and requires a change in pump shaft speed to affect pump volume.
- Variable displacement piston pumps are just icing on the cake of an already flourishing miniexcavator market.
- Driving pressure (also known as power) is determined by the displacement of the reciprocating pumps or diaphragms.
More example sentences
- Like all symbioses it was bound together and sustained by the primary processes of uncritical displacement and condensation.
- The influence of perceptual displacement and age on the retrospective component of prospective remembering was considered in a similar analysis.
- Perceptual displacement of cues modulated performance of the prospective component but not the retrospective component.
- There was no mention of displacement by natural catastrophes.
- The project involves large-scale displacement of farmers and destruction of farmland, forests and common lands.
- Regular villas for Roman colonists in Kent: evidence suggests massive displacement of native farmers after Roman conquest
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.