Translation of display in Spanish:
- 1.1 (put on show)(exhibit)(data/figures)
exponer(Computing)the shopkeeper displayed his wares
visualizarel tendero colocó los artículos en el escaparate ( or la estantería etc)his work is displayed in the museumsus obras están expuestas en el museothe results will be displayed on the bulletin boardlos resultados aparecerán en el tablón de anunciosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (flaunt)
- Isn't Marx making a deliberately exaggerated statement of his own position in order to display its novelty?
- The cameras were displayed in the chronological order of technological evolution.
- Chopin's Preludes return independence to the hands in order to display a new kind of allusive dialogue between them.
- By controlling where and when that field is applied, the screen can display an image.
- It is not limited to dedicated handheld devices but can be displayed on any computer screen.
- But, when the image is displayed on a wide screen set, the bars are lost and the bottoms of the subtitle text can be slightly cut off.
hacer despliegue or gala de(muscles)the peacock displayed its feathers
hacer alarde deel pavo real desplegó la colaExample sentences1.3 (Journalism, Printing)
- Of course some rule changes over the years have taken away the ability of players to display the skill of fielding.
- It will be good for the game to see a talented player like Mattie Forde display his skills in Croke Park before a large crowd.
- It is about those players displaying the skill and commitment to come up with a winning strategy, for the sake of the greater good.
dar prueba de
- 1 1.1 (exhibition)(show)to be on display (painting/wares)
show (masculine)estar expuestoto put something on displayexponer algo1.2 (arrangement) a display of flowersun arreglo florala display of booksuna exposición de librosdisplay stand display window 1.3(of courage, strength, knowledge)
despliegue (masculine)(of ignorance)she gave a competent display of horsemanship
demostración (feminine)demostró que era una competente amazonahe made (a) great display of his experience in those mattershizo gran alarde de su experiencia en ese campothere's no need to make such a display of your affection!¡no hace falta que seas tan efusivo!Example sentences
- Some novelists trumpet their skill with showy displays; others demonstrate their expertise with quiet precision.
- The breathtaking display of skill and derring-do by the cadets of the National Cadet Corps on Sunday left one dumbfounded.
- With snow not normally found at this time of year, even in the nearby Peak District, the demonstrators took to trampolines to give a display of their skills.
- In addition to performances and displays, the event also showed off achievements and contributions worldwide.
- The day will finish with one of the most spectacular firework displays Britain has ever staged.
- There are, of course, professional companies which stage firework displays and take every precaution to see that the most rigorous safety measures apply.
- 2 (Computing, Electronics) digital/analog displayvisualizador digital/analógico(before noun) (screen/panel)
de visualización (de datos)Example sentences
- Combined finger touch and stylus detection system for use on the viewing surface of a visual display device
- Unlike other systems, the device is not an overlay on the plasma display causing image degradation.
- The insulator structure may also enhance the focus of electrons emitted by the field emitter device on the display screen.
- It's unavoidable that printing involves certain complications that are not present for screen display.
- Image acquisition, storage, display and processing, and image transfer represent the basis of telemedicine.
- While the resolution is not good enough for printing, it's fine for a computer program and screen display.
- The only signals required to be sent to the host were those necessary for us to see an exact image of the display on the remote computer.
- And after the computer resizes the display, I ask her if it looks ok and whether she can read it.
- An easy to read backlit LCD display shows folder, recording time and battery power remaining.
- 3 (Journalism, Printing) (before noun) display advertisinganuncios (masculine plural) destacadosExample sentences
- Incidentally, if you click on the analyzer, it switches through a number of different display styles.
- Yet most appraisals of type technology and histories of proprietary typefounding still favor type for text instead of eye-catching display.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.