Translation of display in Spanish:
- 1.1 (put on show)(exhibit)(data/figures)(Computing)the shopkeeper displayed his wareshis work is displayed in the museumel tendero colocó los artículos en el escaparate ( or la estantería etc)the results will be displayed on the bulletin boardsus obras están expuestas en el museolos resultados aparecerán en el tablón de anunciosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (flaunt)
- Isn't Marx making a deliberately exaggerated statement of his own position in order to display its novelty?
- The cameras were displayed in the chronological order of technological evolution.
- Chopin's Preludes return independence to the hands in order to display a new kind of allusive dialogue between them.
(finery/erudition)hacer despliegue or gala de(muscles)the peacock displayed its feathershacer alarde deel pavo real desplegó la colaExample sentences1.3 (Journalism, Printing)
- By controlling where and when that field is applied, the screen can display an image.
- It is not limited to dedicated handheld devices but can be displayed on any computer screen.
- But, when the image is displayed on a wide screen set, the bars are lost and the bottoms of the subtitle text can be slightly cut off.
(headlines/captions)1.4 (reveal)(tendencies/symptoms)(tact/skill/courage)dar prueba de
- Of course some rule changes over the years have taken away the ability of players to display the skill of fielding.
- It will be good for the game to see a talented player like Mattie Forde display his skills in Croke Park before a large crowd.
- It is about those players displaying the skill and commitment to come up with a winning strategy, for the sake of the greater good.
- 1 1.1 (exhibition)(show)to be on display (painting/wares)to put something on displayestar expuesto1.2 (arrangement) See examples: a display of flowersexponer algoa display of booksun arreglo floraldisplay stand display window 1.3una exposición de libros(of courage, strength, knowledge)(of ignorance)she gave a competent display of horsemanshiphe made (a) great display of his experience in those mattersdemostró que era una competente amazonathere's no need to make such a display of your affection!hizo gran alarde de su experiencia en ese campo¡no hace falta que seas tan efusivo!Example sentences
- Some novelists trumpet their skill with showy displays; others demonstrate their expertise with quiet precision.
- The breathtaking display of skill and derring-do by the cadets of the National Cadet Corps on Sunday left one dumbfounded.
- With snow not normally found at this time of year, even in the nearby Peak District, the demonstrators took to trampolines to give a display of their skills.
- In addition to performances and displays, the event also showed off achievements and contributions worldwide.
- The day will finish with one of the most spectacular firework displays Britain has ever staged.
- There are, of course, professional companies which stage firework displays and take every precaution to see that the most rigorous safety measures apply.
- 2 (Computing, Electronics) digital/analog displayvisualizador digital/analógico(before noun) (screen/panel)de visualización (de datos)Example sentences
- Combined finger touch and stylus detection system for use on the viewing surface of a visual display device
- Unlike other systems, the device is not an overlay on the plasma display causing image degradation.
- The insulator structure may also enhance the focus of electrons emitted by the field emitter device on the display screen.
- It's unavoidable that printing involves certain complications that are not present for screen display.
- Image acquisition, storage, display and processing, and image transfer represent the basis of telemedicine.
- While the resolution is not good enough for printing, it's fine for a computer program and screen display.
- The only signals required to be sent to the host were those necessary for us to see an exact image of the display on the remote computer.
- And after the computer resizes the display, I ask her if it looks ok and whether she can read it.
- An easy to read backlit LCD display shows folder, recording time and battery power remaining.
- 3 (Journalism, Printing) (before noun) display advertisinganuncios (masculine plural) destacadosExample sentences
- Incidentally, if you click on the analyzer, it switches through a number of different display styles.
- Yet most appraisals of type technology and histories of proprietary typefounding still favor type for text instead of eye-catching display.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.