Translation of dispose in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo[formal]
- 1 (incline) predisponer* this does not dispose me to like her esto no me predispone a su favorExample sentences
- Their positions within these new institutions may have disposed them to promote commercial values and made them willing to support the industrial and modernizing social order.
- They ease the atmosphere around two people and kindly dispose people to each other.
- Natural law theory held the world to consist of a variety of beings and objects whose essence disposed them toward the fulfillment of higher purposes.
- 2 2.1 (arrange) disponer* [formal], colocar* 2.2 (determine) disponer*, decidirExample sentences
- The Pentagon proposes, the press disposes - albeit within softer confines than prevailed in the Gulf War.
- There are a whole lot of proposals, but it is really the Congress that disposes.
- The generals may propose, but H5N1 will dispose.
- RyRs are disposed in a tetragonal arrangement, and groups of four DHPRs, or tetrads, are associated with alternate RyRs, forming a related array.
- Nor did he put the figures on display in a frontally disposed arrangement.
- The base portions are disposed in a matrix arrangement having rows and columns.
dispose ofverb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento 1.1 (get rid of) [refuse/evidence] deshacerse* de; [rival/opponent] deshacerse* de, liquidar [colloquial/familiar] 1.2 (sell) [house/car/land] disponer* de, vender, enajenar [formal] 1.3 (deal with) [problem/question/objection] despachar 1.1 (have use of) [formal] [funds/resources] disponer* de
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.