Translation of dispute in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (controversy, clash) polémica (feminine), controversia (feminine) a border dispute un conflicto fronterizo, un diferendo limítrofe (Latin America/América Latina) 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (debate) discusión (feminine); (quarrel) disputa (feminine) it is open to dispute whether he acted reasonably si actuó en forma razonable o no es discutible or se presta a discusión the territory in o under dispute el territorio en litigio the matter is still in o under dispute aún no se ha llegado a un acuerdo sobre el asunto her superiority in this field is beyond (all) dispute su superioridad en este campo es indiscutibleExample sentences1.3 countable/numerable (leading to industrial action) conflicto (masculine) (laboral) an industrial/a pay dispute un conflicto laboral/salarial the union is in dispute with management existe una situación de conflicto entre el sindicato y la patronal
- But consultants remain in dispute with the Government over a scheme aimed at streamlining public health compensation claims.
- As for her naïve belief that people would not fight to death over a parking space, Hilary Evans has clearly never seen my husband in dispute with another motorist.
- While she had been in dispute with the tax people about a year-and-a-half ago, she believed the matter had been settled and she was fully paid up.
- The Wagner Act of 1935 also created the National Labor Relations Board to help oversee employee disputes in private industry.
- The dispute is over management's failure to fully inform employees about adverse changes to their superannuation scheme.
- Please forgive me for perhaps dealing with it in this way: we have received a huge amount of evidence of what is wrong with management, and why disputes are not resolved, and why you get employment law cases.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (contest) discutir, cuestionar I don't dispute (the fact) that it was a mistake no discuto que fue un error it cannot be disputed that the idea is attractive no se puede negar or hay que reconocer que la idea resulta atrayente I dispute the idea that … yo rechazo la idea de que … 1.2 [will/decision] impugnar 1.3 (argue) [point/question/subject] debatir, discutir 1.4(disputed past participle of/participio pasado de)[decision] discutido, polémico; [territory] en litigio
- 2 2.1 (fight for) [possession/victory/territory] (among many) disputarse our team disputed the match till the end nuestro equipo luchó hasta el final 2.2 (resist) [entry/advance] hacer* frente a, resistir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.