Translation of disqualify in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (debar) [Sport/Deporte] descalificar*to disqualify sb (
fromsth) the team was disqualified from the contest el equipo quedó descalificado de la prueba she was disqualified from taking the exam fue inhabilitada para presentarse al examenExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (make ineligible) as a professional she was disqualified from entering the Olympics el hecho de ser profesional le impedía participar en las Olimpíadas a criminal record disqualifies you from jury service tener antecedentes penales inhabilita or hace no apto para ser miembro de un jurado
- A military appointing authority could choose to disqualify any panel member for good cause.
- A court can disqualify directors for between two and 15 years for unfit conduct.
- His words were not considered serious enough to refer to a national Administration Panel, which has the power to disqualify councillors from office for a fixed period of up to five years.
- I don't see how either of those aspects would technically disqualify me from an unwanted job at a pet store, so I had some hope left.
- The human element disqualifies science from the equation, and the bottom line is, the only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain.
- If you want narrow dogma, how about the plight of a major political party in which being pro-life disqualifies you from seeking national office because special interests forbid it?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.