Translation of disqualify in Spanish:
transitive verb -fies, -fying, -fied
- 1.1 (debar) (Sport) to disqualify somebody (
fromsomething)the team was disqualified from the contestel equipo quedó descalificado de la pruebashe was disqualified from taking the examfue inhabilitada para presentarse al examenExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (make ineligible) as a professional she was disqualified from entering the Olympics
- A military appointing authority could choose to disqualify any panel member for good cause.
- A court can disqualify directors for between two and 15 years for unfit conduct.
- His words were not considered serious enough to refer to a national Administration Panel, which has the power to disqualify councillors from office for a fixed period of up to five years.
el hecho de ser profesional le impedía participar en las Olimpíadasa criminal record disqualifies you from jury servicetener antecedentes penales inhabilita or hace no apto para ser miembro de un jurado
- I don't see how either of those aspects would technically disqualify me from an unwanted job at a pet store, so I had some hope left.
- The human element disqualifies science from the equation, and the bottom line is, the only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain.
- If you want narrow dogma, how about the plight of a major political party in which being pro-life disqualifies you from seeking national office because special interests forbid it?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.