Translation of dissect in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (cut up) [animal/body] disecar*, diseccionar, hacer* la disección deExample sentences1.2 (analyze) [theory/book] examinar or analizar* minuciosamente, diseccionar
- In order to paint the human form better, he studied anatomy, dissecting many cadavers at a time when this was unusual, and drawing them in painstaking detail.
- From each plant one randomly chosen, fresh flower was dissected under a binocular microscope to separate the corolla, androecium and gynoecium.
- Come 9pm it is hard to avoid a body being dissected or a corpse in a state of decomposition.
- It begins by looking at literary analysis where it is normal to dissect texts to understand the techniques they use to achieve aesthetic technique.
- Thirty-six competitions, the majority for public projects, their submitted images, models and texts, are dissected in detail.
- Echevarria brilliantly dissects the ideas of these thinkers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.