Translation of dissect in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (cut up) [animal/body] disecar*, diseccionar, hacer* la disección deExample sentences1.2 (analyze) [theory/book] examinar or analizar* minuciosamente, diseccionar
- In order to paint the human form better, he studied anatomy, dissecting many cadavers at a time when this was unusual, and drawing them in painstaking detail.
- From each plant one randomly chosen, fresh flower was dissected under a binocular microscope to separate the corolla, androecium and gynoecium.
- Come 9pm it is hard to avoid a body being dissected or a corpse in a state of decomposition.
- It begins by looking at literary analysis where it is normal to dissect texts to understand the techniques they use to achieve aesthetic technique.
- Thirty-six competitions, the majority for public projects, their submitted images, models and texts, are dissected in detail.
- Echevarria brilliantly dissects the ideas of these thinkers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the