Translation of dissipate in Spanish:
- 1 [formal] 1.1 (squander)(energy/talents)
Example sentences1.2 (dispel)
- This fueled regional battles over property and influence, greatly dissipating the energy and resources of the OC.
- Edwardes said: ‘The Ryder remedy only produced a bureaucratic paperchase dissipating management resource and effort.’
- An important truth is that we need full and active participation in liturgy and you don't get that by dissipating your resources.
- This kinetic energy will be dissipated in the form of heat on impact of the clip with the magnet.
- There's a reduction in efficiency as energy is dissipated in heat.
- As the basal part of the stem was linearly elastic, there was no energy dissipated by viscous friction.
- 2 (Physics)(heat/electrical energy)
- So immediate emotion can dissipate before a country's population can make an important decision?
- Rage suddenly takes control as the other emotions dissipated when he'd been pulled from his meal.
- By contrast, on film it looked like the mere aggregation of takes and cutaways; its timbres and its fluency dissipated and finally disappeared.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.