Translation of dissipate in Spanish:
- 1 [formal] 1.1 (squander)(energy/talents)
Example sentences1.2 (dispel)
- This fueled regional battles over property and influence, greatly dissipating the energy and resources of the OC.
- Edwardes said: ‘The Ryder remedy only produced a bureaucratic paperchase dissipating management resource and effort.’
- An important truth is that we need full and active participation in liturgy and you don't get that by dissipating your resources.
- This kinetic energy will be dissipated in the form of heat on impact of the clip with the magnet.
- There's a reduction in efficiency as energy is dissipated in heat.
- As the basal part of the stem was linearly elastic, there was no energy dissipated by viscous friction.
hacer desvanecerExample sentences
- So immediate emotion can dissipate before a country's population can make an important decision?
- Rage suddenly takes control as the other emotions dissipated when he'd been pulled from his meal.
- By contrast, on film it looked like the mere aggregation of takes and cutaways; its timbres and its fluency dissipated and finally disappeared.
- 2 (Physics)(heat/electrical energy)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.