Translation of dissolve in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (in liquid) disolver*
- 2 2.1 (dismiss) [assembly/parliament] disolver* 2.2 (break up) [company/marriage] disolver*Example sentences
- So we got the whole thing annulled, dissolving the marriage as if it never took place.
- Generally, church courts do not dissolve marriages, but annul them by declaring that no genuine marriage took place.
- Secondly, with respect to married people, if the marriage was dissolved by divorce after the will was witnessed, the will is void.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (in liquid) [sugar/salt/pill] disolverse*Example sentences
- Finally, whey protein dissolves easily in water, making it convenient for a protein drink when you're on the go.
- It is a fast-working, fog-free, stain-free agent that dissolves easily in cold water, keeps extremely well and produces negatives of very high acutance.
- I began to try and vainly struggle, tears running down my cheeks and leaving a black trail like discoloured blood as my eyeliner dissolved with the salty solution.
- 2 2.1 (vanish) [literary/literario] desvanecerse* to dissolve into thin air desvanecerse* en el aire, esfumarse 2.2 (emotionally) to dissolve into tears deshacerse* en lágrimasExample sentences
- Without being free of thought, without the thinking having dissolved, vanished, disappeared, there is no way to be liberated or enlightened.
- When this attitude, which maintains duality, is allowed to not be formed, to disappear, to dissolve, to vanish - what is left?
- But these settlements eventually dissolved and disappeared.
- 3 [assembly/committee] disolverse*Example sentences
- Subsequently, the president dissolves Congress and imposes martial law on the country.
- After the party prevented Deuba from seeking the extension to the emergency in parliament, Deuba dissolved the assembly for elections two years ahead of schedule.
- The President has dissolved the Assembly and appealed to the people and the army; he establishes universal suffrage, and has arrested his political opponents.
- [Cinema/Cine] [Photography/Fotografía] [Television/Televisión] fundido (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.