- 1.1 (loosely) the two concepts are distantly related los dos conceptos están vagamente relacionados or tienen alguna relación entre sí we are distantly related somos parientes lejanos a distantly remembered episode un incidente que recordaba ( or recordaban etc) vagamenteMore example sentences1.2 [nod/greet] con frialdad
More example sentences
- However, this problem should be studied in more detail considering both distantly related and closely related species.
- Third, the more distantly related two individuals are, the more different their micro-satellites will be.
- Apparently the evolutionary pattern of distantly related sequences should be described differently from that of closely related sequences.
- ‘It's a Jolly Roger,’ she says, and smiles distantly.
- He smiled faintly, distantly, and stared into the fire.
- Maud smiled distantly, as if reveling in some personal dream.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.