Translation of distantly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (loosely) the two concepts are distantly related los dos conceptos están vagamente relacionados or tienen alguna relación entre sí we are distantly related somos parientes lejanos a distantly remembered episode un incidente que recordaba ( or recordaban etc) vagamenteExample sentences1.2 [nod/greet] con frialdad
- However, this problem should be studied in more detail considering both distantly related and closely related species.
- Third, the more distantly related two individuals are, the more different their micro-satellites will be.
- Apparently the evolutionary pattern of distantly related sequences should be described differently from that of closely related sequences.
- ‘It's a Jolly Roger,’ she says, and smiles distantly.
- He smiled faintly, distantly, and stared into the fire.
- Maud smiled distantly, as if reveling in some personal dream.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.