- 1.1 (loosely) the two concepts are distantly related los dos conceptos están vagamente relacionados or tienen alguna relación entre sí we are distantly related somos parientes lejanos a distantly remembered episode un incidente que recordaba ( or recordaban etc) vagamenteMore example sentences1.2 [nod/greet] con frialdad
More example sentences
- However, this problem should be studied in more detail considering both distantly related and closely related species.
- Third, the more distantly related two individuals are, the more different their micro-satellites will be.
- Apparently the evolutionary pattern of distantly related sequences should be described differently from that of closely related sequences.
- ‘It's a Jolly Roger,’ she says, and smiles distantly.
- He smiled faintly, distantly, and stared into the fire.
- Maud smiled distantly, as if reveling in some personal dream.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.