Translation of distinct in Spanish:
- 1(possibility)I had the distinct feeling that he was hiding something
nada desdeñabletenía el convencimiento de que escondía algothings have taken a distinct turn for the worselas cosas han empeorado decididamenteExample sentences
- Burkhard prints his own work and the end result is somewhat grainy with a distinct sense of texture.
- We're both nonsmokers, and there was a very distinct smell of cigars about Henri Paul.
- We arrive at the sailing club, and there's a distinct smell around.
- I get a distinct impression that the money is important here.
- The problem with using intent with respect to terrorism is the very distinct possibility of never determining anyone's intent.
- A very distinct advantage to having a press pass is getting in before the general public.
- 2 2.1 (different, separate)distintoto be distinct
fromsomethingser distinto or diferentethese two issues are quite distinct from each other deor aalgose trata de dos asuntos or problemas totalmente distintosthe taste of gin is quite distinct from that of vodkael sabor de la ginebra es muy distinto or diferente del or al del vodkawe are talking about English people as distinct from British people
la ginebra y el vodka tienen sabores muy distintosnos referimos a los ingleses en particular y no a los británicos2.2 (unmistakable) (predicative)Example sentences
- This should be recognized as distinct from suppressing emotion.
- Thus the nature of plants is quite distinct from the nature of rocks and sand.
- There are different types of arthritis that occur in children that are distinct from adult types.
- This remained physically and functionally distinct and probably remained a separate planning unit.
- These are two separate, proudly distinct States, and yet both part of what we are happy to call the Union of India.
- Even in cosmopolitan Warsaw, Jews and Poles inhabited not only separate districts, but distinct worlds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.