- 1 [shape/outline] definido, claro, nítido; [likeness] obvio, marcado; [improvement] decidido, marcado; [possibility] nada desdeñable I had the distinct feeling that he was hiding something tenía el convencimiento de que escondía algo things have taken a distinct turn for the worse las cosas han empeorado decididamenteMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Burkhard prints his own work and the end result is somewhat grainy with a distinct sense of texture.
- We're both nonsmokers, and there was a very distinct smell of cigars about Henri Paul.
- We arrive at the sailing club, and there's a distinct smell around.
- I get a distinct impression that the money is important here.
- The problem with using intent with respect to terrorism is the very distinct possibility of never determining anyone's intent.
- A very distinct advantage to having a press pass is getting in before the general public.
- 2 2.1 (different, separate) distinto, bien diferenciado to be distinct
fromsth ser* distinto or diferente deor aalgo these two issues are quite distinct from each other se trata de dos asuntos or problemas totalmente distintos the taste of gin is quite distinct from that of vodka el sabor de la ginebra es muy distinto or diferente del or al del vodka, la ginebra y el vodka tienen sabores muy distintos we are talking about English people as distinct from British people nos referimos a los ingleses en particular y no a los británicos 2.2 (unmistakable) (predicative/predicativo) inconfundibleMore example sentences
More example sentences
- This should be recognized as distinct from suppressing emotion.
- Thus the nature of plants is quite distinct from the nature of rocks and sand.
- There are different types of arthritis that occur in children that are distinct from adult types.
- This remained physically and functionally distinct and probably remained a separate planning unit.
- These are two separate, proudly distinct States, and yet both part of what we are happy to call the Union of India.
- Even in cosmopolitan Warsaw, Jews and Poles inhabited not only separate districts, but distinct worlds.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)