Translation of distinct in Spanish:
- 1(possibility)I had the distinct feeling that he was hiding somethingnada desdeñablethings have taken a distinct turn for the worsetenía el convencimiento de que escondía algolas cosas han empeorado decididamenteExample sentences
- Burkhard prints his own work and the end result is somewhat grainy with a distinct sense of texture.
- We're both nonsmokers, and there was a very distinct smell of cigars about Henri Paul.
- We arrive at the sailing club, and there's a distinct smell around.
- I get a distinct impression that the money is important here.
- The problem with using intent with respect to terrorism is the very distinct possibility of never determining anyone's intent.
- A very distinct advantage to having a press pass is getting in before the general public.
- 2 2.1 (different, separate)to be distinctbien diferenciado
fromsomethingthese two issues are quite distinct from each otherser distinto or diferente deor aalgothe taste of gin is quite distinct from that of vodkase trata de dos asuntos or problemas totalmente distintoswe are talking about English people as distinct from British peopleel sabor de la ginebra es muy distinto or diferente del or al del vodkala ginebra y el vodka tienen sabores muy distintos2.2 (unmistakable) (predicative)nos referimos a los ingleses en particular y no a los británicosExample sentences
- This should be recognized as distinct from suppressing emotion.
- Thus the nature of plants is quite distinct from the nature of rocks and sand.
- There are different types of arthritis that occur in children that are distinct from adult types.
- This remained physically and functionally distinct and probably remained a separate planning unit.
- These are two separate, proudly distinct States, and yet both part of what we are happy to call the Union of India.
- Even in cosmopolitan Warsaw, Jews and Poles inhabited not only separate districts, but distinct worlds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to