Translation of distinguish in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (differentiate) distinguir*, diferenciar to distinguish sth/sb
fromsth/sb distinguir* or diferenciar algo/a algn dealgo/algnExample sentences
- What I have difficulty with is distinguishing different noises in loud areas.
- Pinker suggests that our love of music may have developed out of a similar evolutionary need to distinguish different sounds.
- The software is also speed-sensitive, so it can distinguish the different conditions in city driving and faster roads or motorways.
(distinguishing present participle/participio presente)[feature/mark] distintivo, característicoExample sentences
- These differences are sufficient to distinguish between the two species.
- As investors, we need to be able to distinguish between interesting scientific discoveries and commercially viable projects.
- This difference is very significant because it helps you distinguish between vertical and horizontal pipes.
- Several features distinguish the Posimetric design from other feeding technology.
- Some of the characteristics that distinguish the two are intrinsic.
- A suite of characteristics distinguishes Orconectes neglectus from other northeastern crayfishes.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- distinguir* he can't distinguish between green and blue no distingue entre el verde y el azul, no distingue el verde del azul
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the