Translation of distinguish in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (differentiate) to distinguish something/somebody
fromsomething/somebodydistinguir or diferenciar algo/a alguien dealgo/alguienExample sentences
- What I have difficulty with is distinguishing different noises in loud areas.
- Pinker suggests that our love of music may have developed out of a similar evolutionary need to distinguish different sounds.
- The software is also speed-sensitive, so it can distinguish the different conditions in city driving and faster roads or motorways.
also: distinguishing present participleExample sentences
- These differences are sufficient to distinguish between the two species.
- As investors, we need to be able to distinguish between interesting scientific discoveries and commercially viable projects.
- This difference is very significant because it helps you distinguish between vertical and horizontal pipes.
- Several features distinguish the Posimetric design from other feeding technology.
- Some of the characteristics that distinguish the two are intrinsic.
- A suite of characteristics distinguishes Orconectes neglectus from other northeastern crayfishes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.