Translation of distort in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (deform) [metal/object] deformar; [image/reflection] deformar, distorsionar his face was distorted by o with anger/pain tenía el rostro crispado por la ira/del dolor a distorting mirror un espejo deformanteExample sentences1.2 [Electronics/Electrónica] [signal/sound] distorsionar
Example sentences1.3 (misrepresent) [facts/statement] tergiversar, distorsionar
- The shadows warped and distorted as a humanoid shape detached itself.
- It was gnarled like a tree branch, twisting and distorting in places.
- It twisted in sickening slow motion, distorting out of shape.
- Heat made the air thick - it must be distorting the sound waves, slowing them down.
- These air pockets can distort the sound waves and produce an unclear image.
- She screams at him until the volume of her voice is distorting the phone signal and he cannot comprehend a word she says.
- Many investors now distrust pension accounting because it distorts reported earnings.
- In addition, the probability of the results being distorted by confounding factors has not been adequately addressed.
- The nature of adulation does not distort his impression of reality.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [Audio] distorsionar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.