Translation of distort in Spanish:
- 1.1 (deform)(metal/object)his face was distorted by o with anger/paina distorting mirrortenía el rostro crispado por la ira/del dolorun espejo deformanteExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Electronics)
- Her face was distorted with agony, and small squeaks erupted from her mouth.
- Their faces were distorted with fear and anguish.
- His face was distorted with tension, sweat dripping from his temples to the tiny cheap pin on his shirt: manager.
(signal/sound)Example sentences1.3 (misrepresent)
- The shadows warped and distorted as a humanoid shape detached itself.
- It was gnarled like a tree branch, twisting and distorting in places.
- It twisted in sickening slow motion, distorting out of shape.
- Heat made the air thick - it must be distorting the sound waves, slowing them down.
- These air pockets can distort the sound waves and produce an unclear image.
- She screams at him until the volume of her voice is distorting the phone signal and he cannot comprehend a word she says.
- Many investors now distrust pension accounting because it distorts reported earnings.
- In addition, the probability of the results being distorted by confounding factors has not been adequately addressed.
- The nature of adulation does not distort his impression of reality.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.