Translation of distribute in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (hand out) [leaflets/food] distribuir*, repartir 1.2 (share out) [profits/dividends] repartir; [tasks/responsibilities] distribuir* they distributed the spoils amongst themselves se repartieron el botínExample sentences1.3 (supply) [Business/Comercio] [goods/films] distribuir* 1.4 (spread out) distribuir* the weight must be evenly distributed el peso debe estar bien distribuido
Example sentences1.5 (locate) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) (+ adverb complement/+ adverbio predicativo) distribuir* how are the figures distributed? ¿cómo se distribuyen or están distribuidas las cifras? the incidence of drug addiction is not distributed evenly throughout the country la drogadicción no tiene una distribución pareja en el país
- The three villages, though separately ruled, worked together as a unit, sharing and distributing the resources they had at their disposal.
- Usaid pays an aid organization to hire independent staffers, who then travel to the recipient country and distribute aid as they see fit.
- Sharing these views is what made the Internet in the first place; a medium to quickly share and distribute information.
- A simple way to reduce overloading is to ensure adequate number of electric points so that load is distributed evenly through different circuits.
- The system bears the maximum and evenly distributed load.
- ‘The work load gets evenly distributed through all semesters,’ she says.
- A further 30 species were primarily confined to freshwater riparian areas distributed throughout the park.
- The fat was distributed delicately yet densely throughout the meat, looking almost like snow.
- A climbing fern Lygodium japonicum is classified into the Filicales and is distributed throughout the warm temperate areas in Japan.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [Business/Comercio] they distribute for us in Japan son distribuidores nuestros en el JapónExample sentences
- The goods were then distributed to major phone retailers, the ministry said.
- The idea was to rationalize and redefine retailing by distributing goods in a cultivated manner: efficiently, honestly, and cleanly.
- The Li & Fung group has focused strongly on China where its privately held IDS Group can now sell and distribute goods in bulk to mainland retailers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the