- 1 [Business/Comercio] distribuidor (masculine); [Cinema/Cine] distribuidora (feminine)More example sentences
- The workshops will review market research techniques and the role of agents and distributors.
- We were the largest independent beverage distributor in western Canada.
- You are now ready to proceed as an independent herbalife distributor.
- 2 [Cars/Automovilismo] [Electricity/Electricidad] distribuidor (masculine) (del encendido), delco® (masculine) (Spain/España)More example sentences
- The only cure was to get soaking wet while trying to dry out the distributor that generated the electricity that made the car go.
- Many motorists cannot tell a drive belt from a distributor.
- This engine has a unique system: a pick-up coil in the distributor triggers the spark.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.