Translation of district in Spanish:
noun/nombreDistrict of Columbia - DC
- 1 1.1 (region) zona (feminine), región (feminine) 1.2 (locality) barrio (masculine) red-light district zona (feminine) de tolerancia (Latin America/América Latina) , zona (feminine) roja (Latin America/América Latina) , barrio (masculine) chino (Spain/España) the Federal District el distrito federal
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Politics/Política] (of state, city) distrito (masculine) congressional district distrito (masculine) or circunscripción (feminine) electoralExample sentences
- The retail boom is also transforming the oldest shopping districts in the city.
- Our next stop was the Browns Race and High Falls Area: one of the city's newest entertainment districts.
- Cities with gleaming business districts and luxury developments for the rich are surrounded by shanty towns and slums.
- Let us look at that district health board sector, of which a large part is hospital-based.
- The project authorities with the support of the district administration have removed the debris.
- Rural school districts have relied more on federal and state aid over the past 3 years than their urban counterparts.
- Negotiations between Wiltshire County Council and the districts are continuing.
- A more detailed report on the waterside scheme will be considered by both the district and county councils in the summer.
- The district and county councils say it is not their responsibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.