Translation of disturb in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (interrupt) the noise disturbed my concentrationel ruido me hizo perder la concentraciónthe calm was disturbed by the arrival of the touristsla llegada de los turistas vino a perturbar la calmamy sleep was disturbed by the dog barkinglos ladridos del perro me despertaronhe was arrested for disturbing the peace he whispered so as not to disturb the sleeping childhabló en voz baja para no despertar al niñodo not disturbExample sentences1.2 (inconvenience) I'm sorry to disturb you, but …
perdone que lo moleste, pero …1.3 (burst in upon)(thief)
- They claim the children are disturbing their privacy by glaring into their homes and using the road as a cycle track.
- And no one will be able to disturb the privacy of the bathroom, as the bottom of the window is a little higher than the tub.
- But one day he disturbed her privacy and barged into her room, presumably to force more work on her, while she had it out.
- 2 (disarrange) she found that her papers had been disturbednotó que alguien había tocado sus papelesnothing had been disturbedtodo estaba en su lugar or sitioExample sentences
- These activities not only disturb bees but also interfere with normal pollen production, germination, and fertilization.
- If this arrangement is disturbed, the body sickens; if it is sufficiently upset, the body dies.
- A small interference with nature can disturb the entire balance.
- 3 (trouble)Example sentences
- On one occasion she asked if a neighbour would buy her some drugs, which upset and disturbed the neighbour and her young son.
- That was an anxious time, and the children were quite disturbed by it.
- The state of the world concerns and disturbs many artists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.