Translation of disturb in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (interrupt) the noise disturbed my concentration el ruido me hizo perder la concentración the calm was disturbed by the arrival of the tourists la llegada de los turistas vino a perturbar la calma my sleep was disturbed by the dog barking los ladridos del perro me despertaron he was arrested for disturbing the peace lo detuvieron por alterar el orden público he whispered so as not to disturb the sleeping child habló en voz baja para no despertar al niño do not disturb se ruega no molestarExample sentences1.2 (inconvenience) molestar I'm sorry to disturb you, but … perdone que lo moleste, pero … 1.3 (burst in upon) [thief] sorprender
- They claim the children are disturbing their privacy by glaring into their homes and using the road as a cycle track.
- And no one will be able to disturb the privacy of the bathroom, as the bottom of the window is a little higher than the tub.
- But one day he disturbed her privacy and barged into her room, presumably to force more work on her, while she had it out.
- 2 (disarrange) she found that her papers had been disturbed notó que alguien había tocado sus papeles nothing had been disturbed todo estaba en su lugar or sitioExample sentences
- These activities not only disturb bees but also interfere with normal pollen production, germination, and fertilization.
- If this arrangement is disturbed, the body sickens; if it is sufficiently upset, the body dies.
- A small interference with nature can disturb the entire balance.
- 3 (trouble) perturbar, inquietar, llenar de inquietudExample sentences
- On one occasion she asked if a neighbour would buy her some drugs, which upset and disturbed the neighbour and her young son.
- That was an anxious time, and the children were quite disturbed by it.
- The state of the world concerns and disturbs many artists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.