Translation of dither in Spanish:
- 2 (be indecisive) I was dithering over whether to go or notno sabía si ir o no irExample sentences
- While other sporting associations and organisations vacillated and dithered and dallied, the GAA got on with it.
- It's a very small-scale event, so please don't dither, dally or delay.
- Because hanging around while someone dithers over their order was getting between him and his carefully crafted lifestyle.
- [colloquial] (no plural) he's in a real dither about the concertestá (lo que se dice) neura con lo del concierto [colloquial]their unexpected arrival threw her into a ditherllegaron sin avisar y se puso muy nerviosaExample sentences
- After what seemed like an eternity of debate and dither, Winters finally smashed his kick high and to the left of Gallacher.
- The fresh wave of rhapsodic dither on the director's sociopolitical acuity was inevitable.
- Why all this dither about what's modern and what's not?
- It's the day of the murder-mystery fundraising event and Colleen's all in a dither.
- After Clark and I returned home from our oceanic bonding session, we walked in the door to find the whole house in a dither.
- With Hong Kong in a dither, Shanghai is quickly gaining prominence as the gateway to China.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.