Translation of diurnal in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Biology/Biología] [animal/flower] diurnoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (recurring daily) diario
- They are diurnal herbivores, hiding in reef crevices during nighttime and browsing over reefs to feed during the day.
- Conversely, subdominant fish were diurnal and occupied large home ranges by day but were generally not observed at night.
- Accipitrids are diurnal birds of prey with broad wings, hooked beaks, strong legs and feet and sharp talons.
- Are diurnal changes of turgor and leaf growth correlated with each other?
- Ammonium concentrations in roots and leaves undergo diurnal changes.
- NRA showed important diurnal changes in leaves and roots tissues.
- Universal, reliable and even human-made light, completely independent of diurnal rhythm, has abolished the shamanist aspects of our calling.
- This apparently inefficient system gives us the ability to deal with the natural variability of the diurnal rhythms of light and temperature.
- The diurnal rhythm of cortisol secretion in the horse peaks at approximately 0600 h and is least at approximately 1800 h.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas