- 1.1 (sofa) diván (masculine), canapé (masculine)More example sentences1.2divan (bed) cama (feminine) turca
More example sentences
- They piled out into a bigger room with several worn couches and divans.
- I spotted Jonas and his friends lounging on ornate, divan couches in the ‘mirror’ room.
- She pulled the low writing desk to the divan, and reached into the jar.
- For example, instead of putting a lavish bed into the bedroom we bought a standard divan bed and had a headboard made.
- In drawers under the divan bed were four large bags of herbal cannabis and five smaller bags.
- He found Mullen hiding inside the divan bed and he detained him until the police returned.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.